Thursday, June 2, 2011

Changes!

It amazes me how fast flower beds can change in a matter of a few weeks. May 2nd we were still on frost alert here in Southern WI.

 Spring never sprung.....old man winter was fighting for his life.... didn't seem like he was ever going to leave.... we finally got some warmer weather a few weeks later. Lots of planting on rainy/cold days. Trying to get as much planted as I could, with the short growing season we have here. ( Tell me again why I live in WI?? O yea, because I love it! Just wish for a longer growing season!! )LOL
Picture of Oriole on a hummingbird feeder.....just have a point & shoot camera, new to posting a blog....haven't figured out how to zoom in pics yet. Have patience, will figure out as I go :)

Crazy Guy! You wouldn't think he could use this feeder... but they used it more then the hummingbird's.

I had a lot of Oriole's this spring. Love to watch them, they are such a pretty bird!


This picture was taken about the same place as the one's above... what a difference a month makes!

Two weeks later, everything is green & lush. Plants blooming right & left. Makes me happy just to walk around the gardens...to see whats ready to POP! As plants bloom I will try & take more pic's.

A shout out to my Mom for giving me some yellow Iris's, they are beautiful. I tend to like any flowers in the shade of purple....nice to see some yellow in the mix :)

What makes you happy in your garden??

No comments:

Post a Comment